The Library Project is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that aims to make every dollar donated count. We pride ourselves on our financial efficiency, donor accountability, and operational transparency.
Through our in-depth Annual Reports, the Library Project is an open book. It is important to us that all donors and volunteers truly understand how The Library Project spends their generous financial contributions and how our libraries benefit the children we impact. The Library Project consistently strives for 100% transparency.
2012 financial year highlights:
- We maintained low overhead costs with 83 cents out of every dollar donated going toward our programs.
- We fundraised US $847,437 in 2012—a 56% increase over our 2011 total of US $541,906
- We invested US $523,082 toward our programs—a 98% increase over our 2010 total of US $315,070
- We expanded operations to Vietnam
As of December 31, 2012:
- We donated 865 libraries, including 155 “Reading Corners” and 158 “Reading Rooms”
- More than 500,000 children's books reached the hands of eager children
- Over 300,000 children have access to our libraries
- Our volunteers totaled more than 10,000 TLP supporters
The Library Project is an IRS recognized non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. To download a copy of our Determination Letter for your records, please click here.
To view our filing on the IRS website, please click here.
If we have not answered your questions here, please feel free to contact us anytime.