The Library Project is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that aims to make every dollar donated count. We pride ourselves on our financial efficiency, donor accountability, and operational transparency.
Through our in-depth Annual Reports, the Library Project is an open book. It is important to us that all donors and volunteers truly understand how The Library Project spends their generous financial contributions and how our libraries benefit the children we impact. The Library Project consistently strives for 100% transparency.
2013 financial year highlights:
- We maintained low overhead costs with 86 cents out of every dollar donated going toward our programs
- We fundraised US $892,115 in 2013—a 5% increase over our 2012 total of US $847,437
- We invested US $676,619 toward our programs—a 29% increase over our 2012 total of US $523,082
- We continued our program expansion to Vietnam
As of December 31, 2013:
- We donated 1,173 Children's School Libraries and 50 Teacher's Libraries
- More than 738,000 children's books reached the hands of eager children
- Over 421,000 children have access to our libraries
- Successfully launched our second program; Teacher's Libraries
- Our volunteers totaled more than 10,000 TLP supporters
990 IRS Filings
The Library Project is an IRS recognized non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. To download a copy of our Determination Letter for your records, please click here.
To view our filing on the IRS website, please click here.
If we have not answered your questions here, please feel free to contact us anytime.