100% transparency. Period.
What Does 100% Transparency Mean?
The Library Project is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that aims to make every dollar donated count. We pride ourselves on our financial efficiency, donor accountability, and operational transparency. Through our in-depth Annual Reports, the Library Project is an open book. It is important to us that all donors and volunteers truly understand how The Library Project spends their generous financial contributions and how our libraries benefit the children we impact. The Library Project consistently strives for 100% transparency.
Our 2014 Financial Year Highlights
- We maintained low overhead costs with 85 cents out of every dollar donated going directly toward our programs
- We fundraised US $1,101,610 in 2014—a 19% increase over our 2013 total of US $892,115
- We invested US $830,020 toward our programs—a 18% increase over our 2013 total of US $676,619
- We continued our program expansion to Vietnam and Cambodia
As of December 31, 2014
- We donated 1,581 School Libraries and 80 Teacher's Reference Libraries
- More than 838,000 children's books reached the hands of eager children
- Over 521,000 children have access to our libraries
- Successfully launched our third country; Cambodia
- Our volunteers totaled more than 10,000 TLP supporters
Our Annual Reports are both a celebrartion of our past year's programmatic successes and a time to reflect on our financial position. We encourage you to check out our most recent Annual Report below. We promise they aren't as boring as they sound!
990 IRS Filings
OK. These are crushingly boring. We put these on our website because the good people at the IRS require us to do so. But, seriosuly, there's actually quite a bit of good information in these. Take a peak.
The Library Project is an IRS recognized non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. To download a copy of our Determination Letter for your records, please click here.
To view our filing on the IRS website, please click here.
Questions? Contact Us Anytime.
If we have not answered your questions fully, please feel free to contact us anytime.
Help us make a difference, one book at a time.